In recent days, Netflix premiered to all its subscribers worldwide, the ‘whodunit’ Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mysterysequel to Knives Outfrom the writer and director Rian Johnsonwhich introduces the audience to a new mystery in the form of a huge party thrown by a tech billionaire, who invites his closest “disruptor” friends for an island getaway before things inevitably turn chaotic, forcing the detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) into action.
The marketing campaign continues, with the launch of a new poster in which we see the portrait of La Gioconda by Leonardo DaVinci, also known to the world as Mona Lisa, broken into pieces that appear jumbled, as if it were a puzzle that You have to put together to understand. And if you have already seen the film, you will understand this new poster that you find at the end of the note very well.
Prior to its release on Netflix, Glass Onion had a week-long theatrical run in late November in the US.
In the sequel, the forested, dark and cold settings of the predecessor film are left behind, to move to a tropical paradise in Greece where he must unravel new mysteries with a group of suspects played by some of the most important actors in the mecca of cinema.
“Detective Benoit Blanc travels to Greece to peel away the layers of a mystery involving a new cast of colorful suspects.”
“’GLASS ONION: A KNIVES OUT MYSTERY’ follows a tech billionaire (Edward Norton) who invites his nearest and dearest on a getaway to his private Greek island, only to find someone else turns up dead.”
- Edward Norton (Fight Club) as Miles Bron, a tech billionaire.
- Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami) as Lionel Toussaint, a scientist who works for Edward Norton’s character.
- Kathryn Hahn (WandaVision, I Know This Much is True) as Claire Debella, a Connecticut governor running for the Senate.
- Kate Hudson (Truth Be Told) as fashionista Birdie Jay.
- Jessica Henwick (The Matrix Resurrections) as Birdie’s assistant.
- dave bautista (Army of the Dead) is YouTuber Duke Cody.
- Janelle Monáe (Antebellum, Hidden Figures) as Cassandra ‘Andi’ Brand, a tech entrepreneur.
- Ethan Hawke(The Black Phone, Sinister) has a cameo in the film, in a role of unknown moment.
Knives OutJohnson’s ‘whodunit’ thriller, became a spectacular critical and box office hit, upon its theatrical release in November 2019 (it became the second highest-grossing original film of 2019), launching not one, otherwise two sequels with home on Netflixboth focused on the character of Craig, without contemplating the return of other members of the wonderful cast of the original film.
Johnson is the director, writer and producer of the original film, and repeats the same tasks in the following films.