Learn how to make delicious cod with cream. A Portuguese recipe that you can make simply and easily!
Cod with Cream (milk cream)
To prepare your cod with cream, check the necessary ingredients and follow the step-by-step instructions!
500g desalted cod
Potato cut into cubes 500g
1 piece chopped onion
Garlic 3 cloves minced
laurel 3 leaves
Oil 2 tablespoons (26 mL)
1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
Butter 2 tablespoons (40g)
Wheat flour 2 tablespoons (30g)
Milk 1 cup (240 ml)
Sour cream 1 box (200g)
salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
nutmeg to taste
100g grated mozzarella cheese
- Fry the cubed potatoes (I drizzle the potato with oil and put it in the Air Fryer for 30 minutes).
You can fry in a pan with oil if you prefer;
- In a pan, add the cod and cover with water;
- Take it to the fire.
As soon as it starts to boil, count 5 minutes and turn off;
- Remove the cod and reserve the water;
- In a pan over low heat, add butter and let it melt;
- Add the wheat flour gradually (always mixing);
- Cook for 2 minutes;
- Add the cod cooking water little by little (use half a ladle at a time, a total of 2 ladles) always mixing;
- Add the milk gradually while mixing;
- Add the cream / cream little by little while mixing;
- Add salt;
- Add black pepper;
- Add nutmeg;
- When it starts to boil, leave for 3 minutes and turn off;
- In a large pot over the heat, add the olive oil;
- Add the bay leaves;
- Add the chopped onion;
- Sauté until the onion is translucent;
- Add the garlic and sauté a little more;
- Add the cod (it is good to lightly shred it);
- Add 1 ladle of the cooking water;
- Add the potatoes;
- Add the sauce/cream;
- Transfer to a refractory;
- Add mozzarella cheese;
- Bake at 200 degrees until the cheese melts.
- Your cod with cream is ready!