Oscar-winning filmmaker, William of the Bull y Netflixthey have the premiere of horror anthology series titled Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiositieswho just launched his official trailer in which he invites the audience to face their fears.
The preview begins with a set of disturbing images, and del Toro telling the audience: “Imagine your mind as a cabinet… where you lock away your darkest thoughts and deepest fears. What if you opened that cabinet for the world to see? We’re about to find out.” The trailer continues showing brief glimpses of the 8 stories that make up this long-awaited anthology.
Cabinet of Curiosities will premiere on Tuesday, October 25, 2022as a four day special event with the premiere of two episodes each day until concluding with the seventh and eighth on Friday, October 28as a celebration of Netflix & Chills Halloween, thus completing the 8 stories of the titled in our country as Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities.
“Horror master Guillermo del Toro presents eight tales that will make your blood run cold. This anthology of sinister stories is narrated by some of the most prestigious creators of the horror genre todaylike the directors of “Babadook”, “Splice: Deadly Experiment”, “Mandy” and many more.“
The Mexican anthology brings together a lineup of amazing directors and actorshand-picked by del Toro, who also combines a group of top and emerging screenwriters and filmmakers to bring their stories to life in live-action format.
The cast is made up of: Essie Davis (The Babadook), Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead), Rupert Grint (Servant), Crispin Glover (Smiley Face Killers), Peter Weller (RoboCop), Ben Barnes (Westworld), Hannah Galway (Sex/Life), Tim Blake Nelson (Watchmen), F. Murray Abraham (Mythic Quest), Elpidia Carrillo (Predator), Demetrius Grosse (Fear the Walking Dead), Sebastian Roche (The Man in the High Castle), Glynn Turman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom), Luke Roberts (Ransom), Eric André (Bad Trip),Sofia Boutella, Ismael Cruz Cordova (The Undoing, The Lord of the Rings) Kate Micucci (The Big Bang Theory), y Charlyne Yi (Jexi, This Is 40).
The del Toro anthology, according to Netflix:
“It is meant to challenge our traditional notions of horror. From macabre to magical, gothic to grotesque or classically creepy, the eight sinister tales, including two original works by del Toro, will be brought to life by a team of writers and directors handpicked by the Shape of Water filmmaker.”
“In this visually stunning collection of chilling horror, the strangest nightmares unfold in eight grim stories curated by Guillermo del Toro.”
- Cabinet of Curiosities It was shot in Vancouver, Canada.
- The anthology consists of 8 episodes in all.
- One of the episodes is written and directed by Jennifer Kentdirector of the great horror hit The Babadook. The episode reunites Kent with Essie Davis, protagonist of the aforementioned horror film, which will star in said chapter. Apparently, this episode is the horror project Kent talked about in late January 2019.
- Other directors include Cosmato Cloths (Mandy), Vincenzo Natali (Splice, In the Tall Grass), Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night), David Prior (The Empty Man), Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight), Guillermo Navarro (Narcos), Keith Thomas (remake Firestarter).
- Some of the writers include David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight), Queen Conrad (Deadwood), Lee Patterson (Curve), Haley Z. Boston (Brand New Cherry Flavor), Mika Watkins (Black Mirror) y Aaron Stewart-Ahn.
- The episodes directed by Jennifer Kent, and Guillermo Navarro, are based on original stories written by del Toro.
Del Toro is the creator of the show and works as executive producer, along with J. Miles Dale (The Shape of Water) and Gary Ungar’s Exile Entertainment. Del Toro and Dale are co-showrunners.
Official trailer and poster: