Make a tasty potato rosti for your lunch and dinner! Check out this simple and easy to reproduce recipe.
Rosti Potato (Swiss Potato)
To prepare your Swiss potato, you will need the ingredients from the list below.
Follow the step-by-step preparation method for your potato rosti to be perfect!
500 g floury potato, such as bintje
30 g of clarified butter
30 g unsalted butter
15 g salt (1 1/2 full teaspoons)
- Bring a pan of water to high heat;
- Place the potatoes (already washed);
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water;
- When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to minimum and let it cook for 10 minutes;
- In a bowl, add cold water (enough amount to cover the potatoes);
- Transfer the potatoes while still hot to the cold water;
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours;
- Grate the potatoes;
- Add half a teaspoon of salt;
- Mix well;
- In a skillet on the heat, add 1 teaspoon of clarified butter or olive oil/oil;
- As soon as the butter is hot, add the grated potato;
- Press with the help of a spatula;
- Add more butter or oil on the sides while frying (shake the skillet so it goes under the potato);
- Fry over medium heat for 6 minutes;
- Turn the potato (add more butter or oil to the skillet);
- Add butter or oil on the sides while frying (shake the skillet so it goes under the potato);
- Fry for another 6 minutes;
- Your potato rosti is ready!