Learn how to make a delicious mashed sweet potato to eat! See the recipe.
Sweet Potato Puree
For your sweet potato puree to be perfect, use the ingredients listed below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
700 grams sweet potato (peeled weight, white or orange)
240 ml milk (1 cup)
50 grams of butter
¼ teaspoon black pepper/black pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
6 sprigs of fresh thyme (plus more thyme for garnish or seasoning)
- Wash the skins of 700 grams of sweet potato (peeled weight, white or orange) well with a brush;
- Dry the potato;
- Place it on aluminum foil;
- Add 6 sprigs of fresh thyme (plus more thyme for garnish or seasoning);
- Wrap it well;
- Place in the oven at 150 degrees and bake for 2 hours;
- Let the potato cool for 30 minutes;
- Peel it;
- Cut into small pieces;
- In a small heavy-bottomed pan, add 50 grams of butter;
- Take it to the fire and let it boil;
- Gradually the milk solids will separate and settle to the bottom of the pan.
Remove from heat when milk solids are golden in color and foam is almost gone;
- Add the sweet potato pieces;
- Add 240 ml of milk (1 cup);
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt;
- Add ¼ teaspoon of black pepper/black pepper;
- Beat the puree with a mixer;
- Heat the puree over low heat;
- Your Sweet Potato Puree is ready!