After debuting with enormous audience success, attracting a total of 4.7 million viewers in its linear transmission and in HBO Maxthe Serie The Last of Us of HBO continues its marketing campaign for the remaining 8 episodes of the first season, releasing a teaser trailer that anticipates the audience what is to come in the journey of its protagonists, and the horrors that a post-apocalyptic setting brings with it.
You can find the teaser at the end of the note.
The first season of the long-awaited adaptation of the zombie-themed video game consists of 9 episodes in total, which are broadcast weekly on HBO and HBO Max every Sunday.
The adaptation of the zombie-themed video game starring Peter Pascal (The Mandalorian), y Bella Ramsey (Game of Thrones), is carried out by Craig Mazin (Chernobyl) y Neil Druckmanwriter of the original game, as one of the executive producers.
The videogame The Last of Uscarries its story to a post-apocalyptic setting, 20 years after a pandemic radically changed civilizationinfected humans run wild and survivors kill each other for food, weapons or whatever:
“Focusing on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be the key to a cure for the deadly pandemic. Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the 14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts out as a small job soon becomes a brutal and harrowing journey as they traverse the United States and depend on each other for survival.
The HBO series covers the events of the original game written by Druckmannwith the possibility of additional content based on the game’s sequel, The Last of Us Part IIwhich was released on May 29, 2020. Previously, Druckmann explained the process of adapting the material to the small screen, the similarities and the deviations from it.
In addition to Pascal and Ramsey, the cast is made up of:
- Storm Reid (Euphoria, Missing) as Riley Abel, an orphan girl growing up in post-apocalyptic Boston.
- Nico Parker like Sarah, the daughter of Joel.
- Gabriel Luna (Terminator: Dark Fate) playing Tommy, Joel’s brother.
- Nick Offerman (Devs) like Bill.
- Anna Torv (Fringe, Mindhunter).
- Jeffrey Pierce (Castle Rock, Bosch).
- Murray Bartlett (The White Lotus).
- Merle Dandridgewho voiced Marlene in the video games, reprises her role in the series.
- Also, Troy Baker y Ashley Johnsonthe iconic voices behind Joel and Ellie, participate in the series playing other roles.
Kantemir Balagov (Beanpole) directs the pilot episode, with Jasmila Žbanić (Where are you going, Aid?a) and Ali Abbassi (Border) directing other episodes.
Carolynn Strauss is another of the executive producers along with Evan Wells, president of developer Naughty Dog. The HBO show is a co-production of Sony Pictures Television and PlayStation Productions.