Learn how to make a perfect caramelized onion to eat with whatever you want! Check out this simple and easy recipe!
Caramelization is a process where the sugars in the onion are released by heat and turn into caramel.
It’s easy, but it takes patience.
It’s no use wanting to rush things by increasing the fire, otherwise the onion will burn before it caramelizes.
They should be soft, sweet and dark brown.
2 onions cut into thin rings
1 tablespoon butter, for veggie use olive oil or coconut oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
2 tablespoons soy sauce (optional)
- Cut 2 onions into thin slices;
- In a skillet over low heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter;
- Add the onions;
- Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (optional);
- Mix every 5 minutes;
- After 15 minutes in the skillet, add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (optional);
- Leave for another 10 to 15 minutes;
- Your caramelized onion is ready!