It is well known to almost everyone that, Tom Cruise It is characterized by carrying out its own stunts in the productions in which it is involved. The most recent proof of the actor’s achievements is presented in the new chapter of the action mega saga, starring and produced by Cruise, Mission: Impossible.
The seventh and final installment, officially titled, Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning – Part I, will be divided into two parts. And with theatrical release set by Paramount Pictures for on July 14, 2023the studio kicked off the marketing campaign by releasing a teaser trailer in late May, continuing this week with a first look at Cruise performing one of the film’s stunts.
In the image, which we can see below, Cruise is shown hanging from the wing of a World War II biplane, after having left the cabin of the same, all this while the plane nosedives, and performs a barrel roll.
If this stunt seems incredibly risky to you, we’ll tell you that Cruise previously revealed that this stunt was not the most dangerous of his career, but another stunt he performs for this same film, in which he will be seen riding a motorcycle from the edge of a Cliff.
Christopher McQuarrie He was signed by the studio in January 2019 to write and direct what would then be the seventh and eighth installments of the franchise, which we now know will be a seventh divided into two parts. McQuarrie took charge of other chapters of the saga such as Ghost Protocol (2015) y Fallout (2018). The latter became the highest grossing of all, collecting $791.1 million dollars globally.
The cast is headed by Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson reprising her role as Ilsa Faust, Simon Pegg coming back as Benji, Ving Rhames coming back like luther, Vanessa Kirby returning as White Widow, Henry Czerny returning as Eugene Kittridge for the first time since the original film, and new additions like Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter), Shea Whigham (American Hustle), Pom Klementieff (Guardians of the Galaxy), y Morales essay in role as the villain.
- Cruise has played CIA spy Ethan Hunt for more than 25 years.
- The first installment was released in theaters in 1996.
- It was the actor himself who insisted to the studio that the final installments maintain a traditional theatrical release, and only in theaters.
- Its budget was around $290 million dollars.
- Cruise revealed that a stunt where he is seen riding a motorcycle off a cliff was the most dangerous stunt of his career.
- The second part of the seventh installment will be released in theaters on June 28, 2024.
- If you want to do a good marathon of the Mission: Impossible saga, we tell you that Star + has the complete franchise on the streamer.
- In our country, the film is titled Mission: Impossible – Death Sentence Part 1.