Learn how to make this eggplant antipasto that is a hit to eat with a toast or roll, and serve our guests! Check out this simple and easy recipe!
Eggplant Caponata (Antipasto)
To make this delicious and easy caponata, you will need few ingredients.
Follow the step-by-step preparation method for your eggplant antipasto to be perfect!
5 medium eggplants sliced or 1 kg and 100 grams
water to cover the eggplants
2 teaspoons of salt or 11 grams
3 medium onions sliced or 360 grams or 4 cups.
1 large green pepper or 180 grams or 1 and 12 cups.
1 large red pepper or 180 grams or 1 and 12 cups.
1 large yellow pepper or 180 grams, 1 and 12 cups.
½ cup of green olives, roughly chopped or 72 grams
1 tablespoon of salt or 16 grams
1 and ½ tablespoons of oregano or 3 grams
½ teaspoon of black pepper or 1 gram
1 teaspoon chimichurri or 2 grams
¼ teaspoon pepperoni or 0.5 gram
1 tablespoon of grated or crushed garlic or 16 grams
1/4 cup (tea) of white wine vinegar or 50 grams
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 13 grams
1 cup (tea) of olive oil or 210 grams
- Cut the eggplants into strips;
- Put the cut eggplant in a bowl with water and salt;
- Squeeze them and transfer to another bowl;
- Add salt, oregano, black pepper, pepperoni, chimichurri, grated garlic, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar;
- Add sliced onion;
- Add green and red and yellow peppers (sliced);
- Add chopped green olives;
- Add 1 cup of olive oil;
- Mix well;
- Transfer the eggplant to baking sheets and cover them with aluminum foil;
- Bake at 200 degrees for approximately 1 hour and a half;
- Remove the aluminum foil and leave until it gets more dry;
- Your Eggplant Caponata (Antipasto) is ready!