Check out this step-by-step recipe for Hungarian slices, delicious sweet rolls with coconut that look amazing!
Guarantee a special snack with the Hungarian slices!
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
1 cup (tea) warm milk
1 pinch of salt
10 grams of yeast for bread
- FILLING INGREDIENTS
1 cup (tea) of sugar
4 tablespoons of butter or margarine
100 grams of grated coconut
- SILVER FILLING
1 glass of milk
2 tablespoons of sugar
- In a bowl, place the yeast, eggs, warm milk, 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine and mix well.
Add sugar, salt and mix more.
- Gradually add the wheat flour and mix the ingredients well until you form a dough that easily comes off your hands.
Transfer to a smooth, floured surface and knead for a few more minutes.
Cover with a cloth and allow the dough to rise until it doubles in size.
- To make the filling, add 4 tablespoons of butter or margarine, sugar and grated coconut in a bowl.
Mix very well until homogenized.
- Roll out the dough well with a rolling pin on the floured surface.
Then add the stuffing and spread evenly.
Roll the dough carefully and cut it into slices.
Arrange the slices side by side on a greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 180º₢ and bake the Hungarian slices for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Prepare the syrup by mixing the milk with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Spoon the syrup over the Hungarian slices with a spoon and the recipe is ready to serve.