The weekend just ended brought with it the theatrical release of Thor: Love and Thunder of Taika Waititi and the Marvel Studios and Disney studios, and the figures are now official.
The Thunder God’s Fourth Solo Movie, grossed $143 million at the domestic box office, and $159 million at the international box office, for a global total of $302 million..
- Fourth best domestic premiere in times of pandemic.
- Twelfth best domestic opening of the MCU.
- Third best international and global premiere in times of pandemic.
- Best Home Release for Movies Centered on Thor (Thor: $65.7 mdd; Thor: The Dark World $85.7 mdd; Thor: Ragnarok $122.7 mdd).
- Its top five international markets are: South Korea ($15.3 million), the UK ($14.8 million), Australia ($13.8 million), Mexico ($11.8 million), and India ($8.3 million).
In terms of critical reception, the film garners a lot of mixed reviews, with many commentators noting that Waititi’s script relies too heavily on the comedic aspects, impacting the development of the story which, according to their observations, It could have been better developed and used. On Rotten Tomatoes it has an approval rating of 67% with more than 300 reviews counted, and 81% by the audience.
- On that site, it ranks as the fourth worst-rated MCU movie, behind The Incredible Hulk (67%), Thor: The Dark World (66%), y Eternals (47%).
- In comparison, Thor: Ragnarok is the fourth best rated (93%), and Thor you are the twentieth (77%).
- The MCU is made up of 29 movies so far.
In Thor: Love and ThunderThor (Chris Hemsworth), returns from retirement to battle a new villain, Gorr the God Butcher, played by Oscar winner, Christian Bale, making his debut in the MCU. Alongside Thor they fight Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and the reconstructed Mjolnir, King Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson); Korg (Waititi); los Guardians of the Galaxy made up of Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Karen Gillanand the voices of Bradley Cooper y Vin Diesel as Rocket, and Groot, respectively; and some… giant goats.
in the cast of Love and Thunder are also found Jamie Alexander as Lady Sif, and Russell Crowe like the god Zeus.
The script of Love and Thunder was carried out by Waititi and Jennifer Kaytin Robinson (Someone Great, Unpregnant).
“The film finds Thor (Hemsworth) on a journey unlike anything he has ever faced: a search for inner peace. But his retreat is interrupted by a galactic assassin known as Gorr the God Butcher (Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of the Valkyrie Queen (Thompson), Korg (Waititi), and his ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Portman), who, to Thor’s surprise, inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjölnir, as the Mighty Thor. . Together, they embark on a harrowing cosmic adventure to unravel the mystery of the Butcher God’s revenge and stop him before it’s too late.”