The oven pastel is delicious and healthier. Learn how to make your own with this simple and easy-to-make recipe!
Pastel de Oven (Baked Dough)
For your oven-baked pastel to have a perfect dough, use the ingredients indicated below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
1 cup (tea) of wheat flour or 136 grams
1/4 cup salted butter or salted margarine or 50 grams
1/4 cup (tea) of water or 55 grams
- In a bowl, add 1 cup (tea) of wheat flour or 136 grams;
- Add 1/4 cup (tea) of salted butter or salted margarine or 50 grams;
- Add 1/4 cup (tea) of water or 55 grams;
- Put it in a bag and take it to the freezer for 20 minutes;
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin;
- Fill with whatever you want, for example: Ham, cheese, chicken, cottage cheese, pepperoni, heart of palm…
- Brush a little egg white on the edge, where it will close;
- Close the dough and pinch the edges with a fork (or turning it with your finger);
- Place on a baking sheet;
- Brush yolk on top;
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for approximately 30 minutes;
- Your oven pie is ready!