The adaptation to the small screen of the popular zombie-themed video game, The Last of Us from Craig Mazin y HBOcontinues the marketing campaign for the premiere of the series on January 15, 2023 in HBO Maxreleasing a new official poster.
The material is found at the end of the note.
Meanwhile we tell you that Peter Pascal (The Mandalorian) y Bella Ramsey (Game of Thrones) star in the series as Joel, and Ellie, respectively, in addition, Neil Druckmanwriter of the original game, is the executive producer.
The first season consists of 9 episodes; the premiere time will be at 9 pm (ET/PT).
The videogame The Last of Uscarries its story to a post-apocalyptic setting, 20 years after a pandemic radically changed civilizationinfected humans run wild and survivors kill each other for food, weapons or whatever:
“Focusing on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be the key to a cure for the deadly pandemic. Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the 14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts out as a small job soon becomes a brutal and harrowing journey as they traverse the United States and depend on each other for survival.
The HBO series covers the events of the original game written by Druckmannwith the possibility of additional content based on the game’s sequel, The Last of Us Part IIwhich was released on May 29, 2020. Previously, Druckmann explained the process of adapting the material to the small screen, the similarities and the deviations from it.
The rest of the cast is made up of:
- Storm Reid(Euphoria, Missing) as Riley Abel, an orphan girl growing up in post-apocalyptic Boston.
- Gabriel Luna(Terminator: Dark Fate) as Tommy, Joel’s brother.
- Nick Offerman (Devs) like Bill.
- Anna Torv (Fringe, Mindhunter)
- Jeffrey Pierce (Castle Rock, Bosch)
- Murray Bartlett (The White Lotus)
- Nico Parker like Sarah, the daughter of Joel.
- Merle Dandridgewho voiced Marlene in the video games, reprises her role in the series.
- Besides, Troy Baker y Ashley Johnsonthe iconic voices behind Joel and Ellie, participate in the series playing other roles.
Kantemir Balagov (Beanpole) directs the pilot episode, with Jasmila Žbanić (Where are you going, Aid?a) and Ali Abbassi (Border) directing other episodes.
Carolynn Strauss is another of the executive producers along with Evan Wells, president of developer Naughty Dog. The HBO show is a co-production of Sony Pictures Television and PlayStation Productions.