This Thursday, April 21, 2022, Universal Pictures will premiere in cinemas in our country viking Revenge Drama, The Northmanfrom Robert Eggerswhich is why Universal – its distributor in the international market – together with Focus Features, continue to release material from their marketing campaign (its release in the US is set for the following day, April 22).
The most recent is a brutal Red Band Trailer that unleashes violence, and seems to do justice to the Rated R that the MPA (Motion Picture Association) awarded him for “Heavy bloody violence, some sexual content and nudity.”
The progress is found at the end of the note.
“[The Northman] Is a Action-packed epic that follows a young Viking prince on his quest to avenge his father’s murder.”
The Northman is set in Iceland in the early 10th century. The story centers on a Norse prince who goes on a quest for revenge after his father is murdered.
The cast introduces Nicole Kidman like Queen Gudrun, Alexander Skarsgard es Amleth, Anya Taylor-Joy is Olga, Ethan Hawke es King Aurvandil, Willem Dafoe is Heimir the Fool, and the singer of Icelandic origin, Björkes The Seeress.
The script was carried out by Eggers and SightIcelandic novelist and poet. Lars Knudsen is the producer of the project, repeating work carried out in acclaimed titles such as The Witch, Hereditary y Midsummer. New Regency finances the project, after doing it with The Lighthouse.
- Both Dafoe and Taylor-Joy have reported to Eggers in The Witchy The Lighthouserespectively.
- The film marks a new collaboration between Skarsgard and Kidman, who played a married couple in serious trouble on the series. Big Little Lies the HBO.
- For Björk it is the first role in theaters since Dancer in the Dark (2000) de Lars von Trier.
- The Northman marks Eggers’ third feature film, following the acclaimed by critics and audiences, The Witch y The Lighthouse.
- The film will be released in theaters on April 22, 2022. In Mexico it will be released on April 21, under the title “El hombre del norte”.
- Universal Pictures will distribute the film in the international market; Focus Features on US soil.
The red band trailer below: