With premiere set at Prime Video for him Friday, September 2, 2022 all over the world, Amazon Studios continues to stir up the audience with promotional material for the long-awaited series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.
The most recent is a new official poster that shows one of the protagonists of the plot, Morfydd Clark (His Dark Materials, Dracula, Saint Maud) characterized in her role as Galadriel.
You will find the material at the end of the note.
ABOUT THE SERIES LORD OF THE RINGS
The series titled for the Spanish-speaking market, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, will release a new episode per week. The first two episodes were directed by J. A. Bayonne (El orfanato, The Impossible, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom).
The plot will be set in the fictional world of Middle-earth, exploring new narratives that precede The Fellowship of the Ring. That is, it will be a prequel series.
Specifically, the plot will take place in the Second Age of Middle-earth:
“This epic new drama will bring JRR Tolkien’s legendary Second Age of Middle-earth history to the screen for the first time. Beginning in a time of relative peace, thousands of years before the events of JRR Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings books, it will take viewers back to an era when great powers were forged, kingdoms they rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were put to the test, hope hung by the thinnest thread, and one of the greatest villains to emerge from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cast darkness over the world.
Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble of characters both familiar and new, as they face the dreaded resurgence of evil in Middle-earth. From the dark depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elven capital of Lindon, to the mighty island kingdom of Númenor, and to the farthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will forge legacies that will live on long after they are gone. gone.”
The main cast of the series:
- Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Always and Forever, The Accountant)
- Markella Kavenagh(Picnic at Hanging Rock) in leading role
- Joseph Mawle(Game of Thrones)
- Morfydd Clark(His Dark Materials, Dracula, Saint Maud)
- Maxim Baldry (Years and Years)
- Ema Horvath (Share.Follow, The Gallows Act II)
- Robert Aramayo (Game of Thrones), Owain Arthur (Kingdom), Don’t know Boniadi (Hotel Mumbai); Tom Budge (The Pacific), Ishmael Cruz Cordova (Ray Donovan), Sophia Nomvete (Dexter), Megan Richards (Wanderlust), Dylan Smith (I Am the Night), Charlie Vickers (Medici), Daniel Weyman (Gentleman Jack) and the newcomer Guardian of Tyroe complement secondary roles.
The Lord of the rings has JD Payne y Patrick McKay as showrunners; the aforementioned filmmaker Bayona as director of the first two episodes and executive producer; the script is in the good hands of Gennifer Hutchison (Breaking Bad), Jason Cahill (The Sopranos), Justin Doble (Stranger Things), by Stephanie Folsom (Toy Story 4) y Bryan Cogman (Game of Thrones) as a consultant.
New official poster: