The return of the franchise Avatar of James Cameronwill mark the sequel Avatar: The Way of Waterwhich according to THR reports, it will last “about 3 hours and 10 minutes”.
- Avatar (2009) lasted 2 hours and 41 minutes, which makes the sequel is more than half an hour longer.
- Titanic remains the longest film in Cameron’s filmography, with 3 hours and 14 minutes.
- So much Avatar as Titanicare in the ranking of the highest-grossing films in the history of cinema, occupying the number 1 and number 3 positions, respectively, in the global box office.
- The duration of the films include the post-credits.
It is important to note that the franchise studios Avatar, 20th Century Studios y Disneyhave not made the total duration of the sequel official, however, as discussed in the source, the information began to leak once the official rating (PG-13) of the film was released.
the titled Avatar: The Way of Water in our country, it will be released in theaters on December 15, 2022 (Mexico), and on December 16 (United States), with the return of Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Giovanni Ribisi, Stephen Langand the new additions to the cast, Cliff Curtis, Edie Falco, Jemaine Clement, Oona Chaplin, Michelle Yeoh, y Kate Winslet.
- Weaver’s return is possible as he finds himself playing a new character in the sequel. In the original tape, her character as Dr. Grace Augustine, died in the plot. In the new installment she takes care of Kiri, Na’vi in nature, and teenage adoptive daughter of Jake (Worthington) and Neytiri (Saldana).
- Weaver and Cameron first collaborated on the sequel Aliens (1986).
Avatar: The Way of Water sets its plot more than a decade after the events of the original filmand tells the story of Jake, Neytiri, and their family:
“The Sully family endures danger, battles to the death and tragedy throughout the film.”
A fun fact about the production is that much of the return to the fictional planet of Pandora takes place in the planet’s oceans. Cameron developed a new technology to shoot motion capture scenes underwater, something never before achieved. But the underwater sequences aren’t all movie magic, as Weaver, 70, held her breath underwater for six minutes at a time while filming.
Cameron directs the feature film and produces alongside Jon Landau.
Prior to its theatrical release, the original film, Avatar (2009) was re-released last September in theaters around the world, with a remastered versionto prepare the audience for the premiere of the sequel.
Cameron’s 2009 film pioneered 3D movie viewing technology, setting the record as the highest-grossing film of all time. A relaunch could increase the gross total of Avatarwhich lost the top spot at the global box office briefly to Avengers: Endgame before taking it back in March 2021.
Cameron simultaneously shot a third movie, which is scheduled to hit theaters in December 2023. And as soon as those movies are done with post-production, Cameron and company will start shooting “Avatar 4” and “Avatar 5” back to back. .
Avatar: The Way of Water in theaters on December 15 (Mexico), and December 16 (USA).